- Parentline provides a statewide telephone counselling service to parents and carers of children aged from birth to eighteen years;
- Professional counsellors are able to explore a variety of issues that impact on parenting and relationships;
- Parentline can provide contact details for community services;
- Parentline respects the confidentiality and right to privacy of callers.
- Contact 13 22 89
- Open Weekdays 8.00am - Midnight
- Weekends 10.00am - 10.00pm
- Translated information - Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese
Early Parenting Centres provide help and support for families with children 0 to 3 years who have difficulties adjusting to, or establishing, feeding and other early childhood routines. Families can stay at the centres or attend a day stay program.
Early Parenting Centres provide help and support for families who have difficulties with children aged 0 to 36 months. These difficulties might be establishing feeding or sleeping routines. Families either stay at Early Parenting Centres for about two to five days or attend a day program. Some centres offer home visits and a telephone advice service.
O'Connell Family Centre
6 Mont Albert Road
Phone: 03 9882 2326
Queen Elizabeth Centre
53 Thomas Street
Noble Park 3174
Phone: 03 9549 2777
Website: Queen Elizabeth Centre
Tweddle Child and Family Health Service
53 Adelaide Street
Phone: 03 9689 1577
The City of Greater Dandenong, Family and Children's Services can assist families with information, support and referrals to further assistance. For further information about:
- Best Start Programmes;
- Family Day Care;
- Long Day Care;
- Preschool Field Officers to assist children beingincluded in a funded kindergarten program;
- Inclusion Support Facilitators to assist early years services with including children in service;
- Family Support Services - Counselling, Parenting Support...
- Maternal & Child Health.
For further information about:
- Out of School Hours Care;
- Occasional Care;
- Vacation Care;
- Toy Libraries
Click here for a list of local Family & Children's Services available services available: Family & Children's Services Directory
Click here for a list of further community services available within the City of Greater Dandenong: Greater Dandenong Family & Children's Services Directory.
For a copy of the City of Greater Dandenong Community Diary for services available for families and children, click here.
For translation assistance, contact Local Council Offices or contact Family & Children's Services, ph: (03) 9767 0817.
If you need advice in an emergency, or urgently need to speak to someone about a problem, there are several numbers you can call. For ambulance, fire or police services call triple zero (000). Some other helpful numbers are listed here that can help with poisons, bushfires, suicide prevention, counselling, domestic violence and other serious situations... Click here
Website Links: Triple Zero Emergency Information